Meeting Minutes April 5, 2018

WVBOT MINUTES:  April 5, 2018
MEMBERS PRESENT:  Kathy Quesenberry, Bambi Hill, Phil Simpson, Gene Brooks, Marty Douglas
ALSO PRESENT: Vonda Malnikoff

Phil motioned to enter Executive Session at 6:03 p.m. to discuss licensee issues.
Marty seconded.  Vote 5-0.

Issue 2017#01 – Case closed.
Issue 2018#01 – Licensee issue
Issue 2018#02 – Complaint
Issue 2018#03 – Complaint

Gene motioned to move out of Executive Session at 6:13 p.m.  Bambi seconded.  Vote 5-0.

Issue 2018#01 Marty motioned not to take action, but to keep information in licensee’s file.  Phil seconded.  Vote 5-0.

Marty motioned to approve January 19, 2018 minutes as written.  Phil seconded. Vote 5-0.


TOPIC: NBCOT Primary Source Verification / NPDB Agent
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS:  Marty motioned to accept new online NBCOT verification as primary source verification required for licensure.  Phil seconded.  Vote 5-0.  Phil motioned to decline interest at this time to NBCOT request to act as NPDB Agent for the Board.  Board will further discuss purpose / benefits with NBCOT representative at March 2015 board meeting.  Marty seconded.  Vote 5-0.  During March 2015 board meeting, Shaun Conway further clarified NBCOT’s goal of maintaining a nationwide database to collect and disseminate disciplinary action from all states.  They would act as the reporting agency to NPDB.  One remaining question is the impact this will have on meeting current filing deadlines. 
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Discuss status with NBCOT representative at September 2018 meeting.

TOPIC: WV Interactive proposal for online renewals
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: WV Interactive LLC is the vendor for the statewide contract for web based portal management services.  Reviewed WVI summary of proposal.  Reviewed current renewal applications to simplify and minimize PII.  Discussed the Board absorbing transaction and credit card fees as opposed to passing on to licensees.  Marty motioned to proceed with agreement with WVI in lieu of purchasing a full Licensure Management Database System at this time.  Bambi seconded.  Vote 4-0.  Prototype reviewed at board meeting.  System went live November 1 as scheduled.  The most common issue was failure to upload supervisory statements.
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Work with WVI to modify application / clarify instructions prior to next year’s renewal period.

TOPIC: 2018 CE Conference
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS:  Contract signed with Stonewall Resort for April 6, 2018.  Discussed potential topics / speakers.  Approved notebook purchase from WVCI.  Agreed to offer 2018 conference at no charge to licensees, but discussed possible need to charge for future conferences due to number of no-shows.  Reviewed agenda, speakers, conference facilities, and Registration info.  Reviewed and approved registration form, agenda, and evaluation form.  Agreed to email CE certificates to attendees after the conference to save money.  A sign-out sheet will have to be added to verify attendance.
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Email CE Certificates; Summarize evaluations & final cost of conference. 

TOPIC: Future online services
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Discussed possible future online services to be offered through website, including fillable forms, ability to upload documents, and make payments via egov payment system.  Pursue adding additional online services through Tekswift or WV Interactive.
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Will get back to this item after April conference.

TOPIC: NBCOT State Regulatory Leadership Forum / State visit
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS:  As the NBCOT forum is scheduled for April 6-7, 2018, it conflicts with our CE conference.  The Board agreed it was more important for all board members to attend WVBOT conference in lieu of sending representatives to NBCOT Forum.  With regard to scheduling an NBCOT visit with the Board, it was agreed to schedule visit for September Board meeting if possible.  The Board would prefer to spend Thursday night in Morgantown to start meeting at 9:00 a.m. to accommodate 60-90 minutes requested by NBCOT.
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Confirm date with Shaun Conway.  Include increased travel expense in FY2019 budget.

TOPIC: 2018 Legislative Session
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Reviewed HB4014 which proposes a reorganization of DHHR into two separate entities, one of which would be the Department of Health and Healthcare Compliance, which would include Chapter 30 Health Related Boards.  Discussed Governor’s veto of SB313.

The Board reviewed all purchases made on the Purchase Card for January through March 2018. Bambi motioned to approve all purchases.  Phil seconded.  Vote 5-0.

Cash Balance as of March 31, 2018
$ 244,491.56
12/29/17                      $  260              2/1       $  250           3/8       $   60
1/2/18                          1,600              2/5           240              3/12        190
1/3                                   100              2/6           150               3/14          60
1/5                                   140              2/8           180               3/19          60
1/9                                   410              2/14         310               3/20        100
1/11                                 260              2/15         150                3/22        160
1/16                                 260              2/20         295              3/26          90
1/22                                 720              2/22         180              3/28          60
1/24                                 210              2/26         280
1/25                                 100              2/27         180
1/29                                 360              3/5           180

egov receipts:  January                                    $ 2,080
February                                            0
March                                             480
Chargeback                                                        (      30)

TOTAL DEPOSITS                                                   $ 10,125
January                                                            $   8,125.56
February                                                               6,231.26
March                                                                   5,538.87

TOPIC: Safety Policy and Driver Training
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Reviewed safety policy and defensive driving tips.

TOPIC: CE Conference 2019
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Discussed tentative dates and locations.  Reviewed quote from Running Right Leadership Academy.  Agreed to hold 2019 Conference on April 12, 2019 at RRLA.
ACTION/FOLLOW-UP:  Contact RRLA to reserve dates for 2019 conference and related board meetings.

TOPIC: License Renewal 2019
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Discussed communication with licensees for 2019 renewal.  Agreed to send paper applications with newsletter again this year, as this is the first year the online renewal application is available for licensees due for renewal.

TOPIC: Discussion of OT Doctoral Capstone
FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS: Diana Davis, WVU, gave an update on the transition to an OT Doctoral program as mandated by ACOTE, with emphasis on the Doctoral Experiential Component.

Correspondence               date rec'd            issue

1  email from OT                1/21/2018            information re certification to post on website
2  NBCOT                            2/15/2018            Presumptive Denial Policy will not be enacted
3  AOTA                               2/20/2018           Number of OT's / OTA's by state
4 email from OT                 2/27/2018           Thank you for posting work stoppage policy
5 NBCOT e-newsletter      3/13/2018            launch of 3 yr project by the US Dept of Labor          entitled Occupational Licensing: Assessing State Policy & Practice
6 CE Broker                          3/12/2018           CE management system
7 Brickstreet                          3/22/2018          WC policy 3/29/18 to 3/29/19
8 AG's office-Kelli Talbott 3/28/2018           email re Governor's Executive Order re                                                                                                moratorium on rule filing
9 Purchasing                         4/2/2018             The Buyers Network April 2018
10 Surplus Property            4/2/2018             The Property Connection Q1 2018
11 AG's office-Michael Bevers 4/3/2018       called to inform Board that Friday is his last                                                                                     day; replacement unknown

Meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm after the signing of licensure applications.  The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2018 at the Morgantown office.  Meeting time will be confirmed upon confirmation of attendance by NBCOT representative.

Comments are closed.