2021 Continuing Education Opportunities
In lieu of an in-person Continuing Education conference in 2021, the WV Board of Occupational Therapy has partnered with Summit Professional Education to provide three private 6-hour live interactive webinars exclusively for WV OT's and OTA's at no charge to licensees.
This offer is available to currently licensed WV OT's and OTA's only. A valid license number is required to register.
*All webinars will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern. (6 Instruction Hours)
*Attendees must sign in at beginning of course and out at end of course and attend entire length of course to receive credit. Partial credit is not available.
*Attendees not joined 15 minutes after the start time will have their registration cancelled.
*Attendees must complete an online post-test within 48 hours of live-streaming webinar in order to receive course completion certificate (must pass post-test with a score of 75% or higher).
To register for one or both of the two remaining live webinars, select the appropriate link below.
By registering, you are agreeing to the terms listed above to receive credit.
Register early as space is limited.
Friday, June 18, 2021
Effective Strategies for Integrating Visual & Motor Learning
- Innovative techniques to improve your clients' functional visual motor integration and outcomes
- Evidence-based strategies for linking treatment of sensory motor integration, strengthening, and postural control to improved functional visual motor skills
- Interactive labs to develop your observation, analysis, and treatment planning
- Practice effective interventions for improved visual motor outcomes and goal attainment
- Confidently assess a child's current function and learn to create motivating and successful treatment plans with measurable goals
- Sensory integration feedback process and how it impacts motor output and coordination
Deadline to register is June 4th.
Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Differentiate the anatomical and physiological understanding of what area of the brain are impacted with a diagnosis of CVA, Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis
- Confidently assess your client to develop functional plans of care, interventions, and outcomes
- Practical application and hands-on practice of treatment strategies to promote meaningful improvement and success using creative exercise approaches
- Integrate easy to implement self-care plans to complement treatment techniques
- Implement evidence-based treatments to help with skilled documentation and clinical decision making
Deadline to register is October 22nd.